- To increase the awareness of residents of 8 cities of Luhansk, 8 cities of Donetsk oblasts and the city of Kherson about the positive impact of decentralization and education reforms on people’s lives.
- To popularize the positive changes taking place in Ukraine among people living in territories not controlled by the Government of Ukraine, and to show the benefits of maintaining ties with Ukraine.
- Conducting quantitative sociological research before and after the campaign to measure the level of awareness.
- Development of three creative ideas for conducting a communication campaign, conducting qualitative sociological research for testing and choosing the best creative idea.
- Collection and verification of facts about the impact of reforms on each city in cooperation with local self-government bodies.
- Adaptation of creative campaign products to the data of each of the 17 cities: in each city, advertising products contained their own list of positive changes.
- Planning and conducting a campaign on outdoor advertising media and a campaign on Google and social networks YouTube, Facebook and Instagram using videos and banners of various formats.
- The campaign covered 18% of the Kherson population and 24% in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions – 13 million people, which is 4 times higher than planned.
- The campaign received 180 million views, which is 3 times more than expected.
- The percentage of people who associate changes with decentralization reforms in Kherson increased from 48% to 64%, in Donetsk and Luhansk regions from 59% to 67%. The share of association of changes in education with the reform also increased: in Kherson from 50% to 53%, in Donetsk and Luhansk regions from 55% to 61%.
Partners and beneficiaries:
The project was implemented with the support of USAID project “Democratic Governance in Eastern Ukraine” (DG East) in a partnership with Ministry of Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, administrations of 17 cities in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and Kherson city.