- To develop and implement a communication campaign to promote awareness of the problem of undeclared work.
- To format a basic level of understanding of the problem by potential target groups.
- To deepen the knowledge of target audiences regarding the advantages of declared work.
Phase 1. Development and implementation of the campaign on undeclared work in Ukraine in 2020
- Situational analysis was carried out, as well as the necessary qualitative and quantitative sociological research was carried out to measure the level of awareness before and after the campaign.
- Communication campaign was developed: the creative concept “Come out into the light” and a media plan for its implementation. The creative concept uses the sun as a symbol of light and transparency in the relationship between employer and employee.
- Complete turnkey package of content materials was created: video and audio clips, infographics, explainers, booklets, posters, stickers.
- Information page of the campaign was created on the website of the Ministry of Labor.
- Special project was implemented on NV.ua with a total coverage of 110,000 users.
- 3.8 million – the total coverage of the campaign.
- 47% of working Ukrainians noted that they are aware of undeclared work.
- 15% of employees are ready to demand declaration of their labor relations.
- 6% of employers declared their readiness to check their relations with workers.
Phase 2. Campaign on undeclared work in Ukraine in 2021
- The list of topics was expanded and new informational materials were developed while preserving the creative concept, the media plan of the campaign was updated.
- The involvement of communication managers of the State Labor and its regional divisions in the distribution of campaign materials has been increased, training has been conducted for them.
- 2+ million – the total coverage of the campaign.
- The information page of the campaign on the website of the State Labor Service received 77,848 views.
- 53% of working Ukrainians noted that they are aware of undeclared work.
- 21% of employees are ready to demand declaration of their labor relations.
- 21% of employers declared their readiness to check their relations with workers.
Partners and beneficiares:
The project was implemented by Change Communications experts. The project is financed by the EU and implemented by the International Labor Organization.