- To improve the work of search and rescue dogs in order to increase the number of people rescued from the rubble.
- To increase the professional level of the centre’s specialists.
- To increase public awareness of the importance and specifics of the work of search and rescue dogs.
- Analysis of needs and purchase of modern equipment for training search and rescue dogs.
- Invitation of experts of the International Organization of Search and Rescue Dogs (IRO) to exchange experience, ensure their safe stay in Ukraine.
- Organization of a press tour to the Canine Center of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine in the city of Romny, Sumy oblast, and an information campaign on social networks.
- Modern equipment for training search and rescue dogs was purchased.
- 22 canine specialists of the centre underwent a week of training with experts from the International Organization of Search and Rescue Dogs (IRO).
- 21 search dogs of the centre were trained by IRO specialists.
- 13.7 million Ukrainians were reached as a results of PR and social media campaigns.
Partners and beneficiaries:
The project was implemented with the support of Royal Canin Foundation in a partnership with State Emergency Service of Ukraine.